The Spanish Chambers of Commerce members of FEDECOM are in Belgium and Luxembourg, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Portugal and Switzerland. Since June 2002 the Spanish Chambers of Commerce of Tanger and Casablanca are also members of FEDECOM.
They are non-profit making associations constituted under the laws of the country in which they are based. They are formed by Spanish companies and professionals resident in those countries and foreign companies and professionals with business interests in Spain.
The Chambers have the following main objectives
- Assist and support Spanish companies and institutions to start or consolidate business activities in other countries.
- Promote trade.
- Achieve a greater and more extensive penetration of Spanish products in foreign markets.
- Facilitate foreign investments in Spain.
To achieve these objectives, the Chambers offer the following services
- Market research.
- Commercial reports.
- Legal advice.
- Dissemination of information on the supply and demand for goods and services.
- Organisation of trade missions.
- Trade fair services.
- Exhibitions of products; leaflets; catalogues.
- Drafting and distribution of promotional literature.
- Recruitment of business representatives and agents.
- Tax complaints.
- Recovery of VAT.
- Handling Punto Verde applications (eco-labelling scheme).
- Support for commercial networks.
- Business Spanish courses.
- Courses on foreign trade and business administration.
- Grant programmes.
- Commercial translation.
- Hire of offices and showrooms.
- Secretarial services.